TempiTempi is a 6-channel clock module by Make Noise.
Leading ClockTempi clocks are all relative to the Leading clock. If an external clock is patched to TEMPO it is the leading clock, otherwise the leading clock is generated internally either via the state select controls, or tap tempo on Button1, depending on Clock Edit settings.
Tap Button 1-6 to set channel tempo.
You can use Machine Programming and Phase adjustments to adjust your Human programmed clocks.
Coarse Clock Adjustment
To set clock division, Hold PGM_A:
- press Button n times to set divisor (i / n)
- press PGM_B y times to set power of two divisor (1 / n(2^y))
To set clock multiple, Hold PGM_B:
- press Button n times to set multiplier (i * n)
- press PGM_A y times to set power of two multiple (1 * n(2^y))
Fine Clock Adjustment
Hold Button and press PGM_A to slow down.
Hold Button and press PGM_B to speed up.
To enter Phase Adjustment mode, press PGM_A and PGM_B at the same time. Press both buttons again to exit Phase Adjustment mode.
Coarse Phase Adjustment
For coarse phase decrement, Hold PGM_A:
- press Button to offset channel earlier by one cycle of the leading clock.
For coarse phase increment, Hold PGM_B:
- press Button to offset channel later by one cycle of the leading clock.
Fine Clock Adjustment
Hold Button and press PGM_A to offset earlier.
Hold Button and press PGM_B to offset later.
To enter Mute page, press PGM_A. Press PGM_A again to exit Mute page.
To mute a channel, press it's corresponding Button. You can program a new clock setting while muted.
Channels that are Mod enabled are subject to Program Shift and/or Run/Stop control. For more information, see Program Edit page.
To enter Mod page, press PGM_B. Press PGM_B again to exit Mod page.
To toggle the Mod state for a channel, press it's corresponding Button.
Mod functionality is disabled while in Mod page.
For Program Edit operations, press PGM_B twice.
Human ResolutionHuman Resolution controls how strict the Human programming is quantized.
- Press Button1 for 100% Human Resolution (most quantized)
- Press Button2 for 50% Human Resolution
- Press Button3 for 25% Human Resolution (least quantized)
Mod - Program ShiftWhen Program Shift is enabled, Sending a gate to the Mod input will move the channel settings around between the Mod enabled channels. Press Button4 to set Program Shift behaviour:
|Red||Programs shift clockwise.|
|Blue||Programs shift counter-clockwise.|
|Purple||Programs shift randomly.|
Mod - Run/StopWhen Run is enabled, Sending a gate to the Mod input will move the channel settings around between the Mod enabled channels. Press Button5 to set Run/Stop behaviour:
Note: with Program Shift and Run/Stop enabled, then State Select is used for Program Shift and Mod is used for Run/Stop. When only one behavior is enabled, then Mod is used.
For State Edit operations, hold PGM_A and PGM_B:
- Press Button1 to recall current state
- Press Button2 to store current state
- Press Button3 to recall current bank
- Press Button4 to copy selected state
- Press Button5 to paste over selected state
- Press Button6 to paste a slightly modified ("Mutated") copy over selected state
For Bank Edit operations, press PGM_A twice.
- Press Button1 to select bank
- Press Button2 to store all banks and leading tempo
- Press Button3 to follow select/tempo busses
- Press Button4 to copy selected bank
- Press Button5 to paste over selected bank
- Press Button6 to paste a slightly modified ("Mutated") copy over selected bank
For Clock Edit operations, simultaneously press PGM_A and PGM_B twice.
Channel 1Channel 1 can be configured to emit either a 10ms trigger, or a 50% duty square wave.
Channel 1 Tap Tempo can optionally be used to set the leading tempo, disabling CH1 Human Programming.
Press Button1 to set behaviour:
|Purple||Leading Tap Tempo / 50% duty|
|Red||Leading Tap Tempo / 10ms trigger|
|Blue||Human Programming / 50% duty|
|Off||Human Programming / 10ms trigger|
Channels 2-6Channels 2-6 can be configured to emit either a 10ms trigger, or a 50% duty square wave.
Press corresponding Button to set behaviour: