Programmable looper by Whimsical Raps.
"Considered as a traditional tape system, W/'s sounds can be played forward and back / at fixed speeds / with continuous through-zero momentum. These playings-back are of voices recorded with IN, layered sound upon sounds."
LinksW/ product page
These options are available on boot:
Hold loop+record while powering-on.
- Hold record+↓ while powering-on
- Release record and ↓.
Orange LED above play pulses slowly
- Press play, record, loop
Updating the firmware
- Hold record while powering-on
- Play firmware audio file into
- play to play forward or stop
- ↓+play to play backwards
- hold ↑ to seek forward
- hold ↓ to rewind
- loop to loop at cue points
n/a if playhead isn't between cues
- play → LIVE
- loop+record → CUE
- hold record → GLOBAL
CV Playback in Nav
speed, direction (-5V .. +5V)
Negative voltage plays backwards.
next cue (-5V .. +5V)
All available tape cues are assigned evenly across the control's CV range.
from NAV, press play or ↓+play.
The tape plays to .
is mixed if enabled (default: on).
play to stop and exit to NAV.
- play+↑ double speed
- play+↓ halve speed
- loop+↑ next cue
- loop+↓ previous cue
- ↑ add a cue and loop
- ↓ add a cue only (writes to tape)
- loop toggle looping
- record toggle recording from
- loop+record add cue and record
- record+↓ - toggle overdub/overwrite
in Dub mode (default)
- - trigger recording on/off
- (record) level ratio
+5V previous material
Additional CV modes
Starting with firmware 1.2, and can be reconfigured in LIVE:
- for cue & speed control (like NAV)
- as sampler controls (like CUE)
- to record CV to the tape
- output loop position and cue trigger
See the firmware docs for setup details.
Sampler behaviour and access to editing cues via playhead / cursor.
- Enter from NAV: loop+record
- Exit to NAV: loop
- hold play to audition. release returns.
- hold ↑ to move cursor forward
- hold ↓ to move cursor back
- loop+↑ cursor to next cue
- loop+↓ cursor to previous cue
trigger >15msec play and loop
trigger <15msec play without loop
mix in CV to select cue: -1V prev, +1V next
- = 1V/oct pitch
Disconnect and .
When the playhead/cursor is exactly at a cue point, the orange LED above record lights up.
With the LEDs above record:
- loop+record to add a new cue
- record to relocate previous cue
- record to delete cue
Hold record in any mode to enter.
↑ to exit.
- press loop to enter selection
- select tape with loop, play, record
- ↓ to confirm and exit to NAV
The currently active tape is dimly lit.
Clear all cues
- hold loop to select
- press record to confirm, exit to NAV
record to toggle → routing